Register Today for the 2021 Summer Camp
Get moving so you can start grooving the ice!
About Summer Camp
Each week at Summer Camp focuses on sets of skills unique to figure skating during the specialty classes! Skaters will learn and practice new skills with coaches from The Skating Club of Boston, while they refine the skills they already know. At the end of each week, skaters will join friends for an exhibition, showcasing all they learned during their week of summer fun!
Extended Day Camp
Extended Day campers will enjoy all the benefits of a Regular Day camper in addition to a free open skate as well as additional arts and crafts activities!
Regular Day Camp
Regular Day campers will enjoy on-ice instruction and off-ice training with specialty coaches as well as additional activities, a Friday skating exhibition, and a boxed lunch for every day of the camp!
Learn More About Camp!
Where is the camp located?
The Skating Club of Boston’s best-in-class, three-rink facility located at 750 University Avenue, Norwood, MA.
Who can participate?
All skaters ages 7-14, Basic 5 through Pre-Juvenile free skate levels!
Fundamentals of Skating and Specialty Classes During Week 1 and 2:
Skaters already know how to skate. But, what is “skating quality”? What is a good edge and how is it performed? Learn how skaters have improved in the past and what skaters can do now to improve their skating future! Skaters will participate in activities both on and off the ice to develop their expertise.
In addition to the quality on-ice instruction from our Head Coaches, The Skating Club of Boston® staff coaches will join skaters to focus on their specialties in figure skating! These national and world class coaches will help guide skaters along their figure skating path. It could be a specialization in jumps, spins, artistry, pairs, ice dance, Theatre On Ice, and synchronized skating.
A typical day at camp:
- 7:45am Doors open for check in – Extended Day Campers
- 8:45am Doors open for check in – Regular Day Campers
- 9:00-9:20am On-ice warm up
- 9:20-11:30am On-ice and Off-ice training (groups rotate)
- 11:30-12:30pm Lunch
- 12:10-3:45pm On and Off-ice (groups rotate)
- 2:00-3:50pm On-ice
- 3:00pm Skating Exhibition for family and friends (Fridays only)
- 4:00-5:00pm Arts & crafts for Extended Day Campers (Mon-Thu)
- 4:00pm Check out for Regular Day Campers
- 5:00pm Check out for Extended Day Campers
Summer Camp at The Skating Club of Boston is staffed by U.S. Figure Skating certified coaches and counselors from The Skating Club of Boston.
Campers enjoy skating, making friends, learning new skills, experiencing new techniques, and having tons of fun!
Two medical forms are required for skaters to attend Summer Camp at The Skating Club of Boston.
- Health records/ Immunization Information (within the past two years) – PDF
- Authorization to administer medication to skater – PDF
Please read the following fact sheets from the Massachusetts Public Health in regards to Meningitis and Meningococcal Disease:
- Massachusetts Public Health Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet – PDF
- Massachusetts Public Health Meningitis Fact Sheet – PDF
Sign up for our email list to stay on top of the latest information.
The Skating Club of Boston complies with The State of Massachusetts Camp Regulations (105 CMR 430) and is permitted by the Norwood Health Department.