Skating Academy Basic Skills & Bridge Policy
- Skater receives a 25-minute lesson and a 25-minute practice
- Applications will be accepted on a space-available basis
- No discounts for multiple family members
- No pro-rating is offered for any reason
- No make-ups for missed classes for any reason
- Registration will close five business days prior to the first class at each campus location
- Registration may close prior to five business days prior to the start of the first class if class capacity has been reached
- Refunds will be issued for documented medical reasons only and make-up classes are not offered
- Please plan to arrive 30 minutes early on the first day of class
- Snow pants and mittens are recommended for beginner skaters
- Hockey and ski helmets are strongly recommended for beginners of all ages and levels
- No standing at rink side
- Parent/Guardian must remain on site at all times
Skating Academy Camp & Clinic Registration Policy
- Payment is required in full at time of registration
- Camp withdrawal or cancellations prior to June 29 will result in a full refund, less $25
- No refunds will be given after June 29
- Clinic withdrawal or cancellations prior to the first day of the clinic for any reason will result in a full refund, less $25
- Cancellation or withdrawal for serious medical reasons must be submitted in writing with a note from the attending physician. Refunds will be made on a prorated basis
- All withdraws or cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Skating Club of Boston Skating Academy does not provide medical insurance for any camper. In the event of an illness or injury requiring treatment, hospitalization, and or surgery, family medical insurance must be used
- The Skating Club of Boston Skating Academy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, and veteran or other protective status. This policy extends to all rights, privileges, programs, and activates, including admission, employment, education, and athletics
- The Skating Club Skating Academy Summer Camp at Babson College complies with the State of Massachusetts Camp Regulations (105 CMR 430) and is permitted by the Wellesley Health Department. In compliance with 105 CMR 430.190: Parents may request copies of the background check, health care discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances
- Skaters cannot be left unattended before or after camp/clinic
- Late Pickups: There is a 10-minute grace period for skaters to be picked up at the end of the day. After the grace period a late fee of $5 for the next 10 minutes will be assessed and an additional $1 will be added for each minute after that. Late fees are payable by cash or check.
Amateur Athletic Waiver and Release of Liability
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any skating or related activities at The Skating Club of Boston or elsewhere sponsored by The Skating Club of Boston, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and, I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and, I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and, I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless The Skating Club of Boston, its officers, officials, agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise.
I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
For Participants of Minority Age (Under age 18 at time of registration):
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree to his/her release as provided above of all the Releasees, and, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from their negligence.
Consent to Photograph, Film, or Videotape a Skater for Non-Profit Use
I hereby consent to the participation in interviews, the use of quotes, and the taking of photographs, movies or videotape(s) of enrolled skater by employees or representatives of The Skating Club of Boston, Boston Parks Department, and The City of Boston. I also grant the right to edit, use, and reuse said products for the express purpose of promoting The Skating Club of Boston, its Skating Academy, the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, Boston Parks Department, and The City of Boston, including use in print, on the internet, and all other forms of media, without any compensation for such use. I also hereby release The Skating Club of Boston, its Skating Academy, the U.S. Figure Skating Basic Skills Program, Boston Parks Department, and The City of Boston and its agents and employees from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with the above.