Parents of basic skills skaters are involving their children in a great program at The Skating Academy. The Skating Academy provides the introduction to a sport that your child can ultimately participate in recreationally, competitively, as a part of a team, or individually. Figure skating provides an excellent outlet for children to develop both mentally and physically, and is challenging in a creative, fun way!
We hope the information provided by U.S. Figure Skating for parents of basic skills skaters will be an excellent resource for you.
Looking for information regarding your skater’s progression through our The Skating Academy’s program? Please see our Next Steps page!
Information about Figure Skating:
- Skating 101 (PDF)
- Learning the Basic Skills (usfsa.org PDF)
- Figure Skating Programs and Development/Pipeline of Figure Skating (usfsa.org PDF)
- Tests & Skating Levels (usfsa.org)
- Responsibilities as a Skating Parent (usfsa.org)
- Clothes and Equipment for Children Learning to Skate (usfsa.org PDF)
- Tips for Parents (usfsa.org PDF)
- Parents Code of Conduct (usfsa.org PDF)