About Basic Skills Competitions
Basic Skills Competitions offer insight into the competitive world of figure skating while focusing on how fun figure skating can be. Skaters compete with their friends and perform the moves they learn in their Basic Skills classes. Perfect for beginner competitors through Preliminary skaters!
Stay Tuned for Future Competition Announcements!
What to Know
- Skaters of every level in learn-to-skate group classes are eligible to compete, even very beginner skaters. Levels include Snowplow Sam, Basic 1-6, Beginner, High Beginner, Pre-free skate through free skate 1-6, No test Pre-preliminary though Preliminary Test Track and well balanced events, synchronized skating, dance, Showcase, Theater On Ice, and Therapeutic.
- Skaters compete with elements learned in Basic Skills classes.
- Skaters may compete with or without music.
- There is a maximum of four skaters per event.
- All competitors receive a medal on the podium (a great photo opportunity!).
- Skaters do not need a private coach to participate, though some might find it helpful.
- Skaters may compete in current level passed or one level higher, but not in both levels at the same event.
What Do I Need to Register?
- Learn to Skate USA membership number
- Skating level
- Skater name, address, date of birth